Tuesday, December 31, 2013

August 2013

I made a hard decision about taking an internet job or to quit my job at ACYI.  I really loved my job.  I loved the kids, interacting with other teachers and staff, and trying to make a difference.  I was scared to make a bad decision.  I had been going back and forth all summer.  I couldn't see myself not being at ACYI.  The last year was very stressful and I didn't handle everything as well as I should.  The stress was catching up to me.  Dave also didn't want me to work there if I was pregnant.  We didn't know that I was pregnant at the time I quit but it turns out that I was!  Also, Dave was going to start looking for a new job and it could take us anywhere.


The first of the year was hard when everyone was going back to school and I was starting a new job and staying at home.  The new job was a big change.  Teaching kids online instead of interacting with them in person is a huge change.  Hopefully I get the hang of it.


I had my 10 year reunion.  It was over Peach Days.  Dave and I love Peach Days, it is the end of the summer for Dave's job.  The reunion was really nice.  It was fun to see my friends.



Dave, Alan, and Dallin at their monthly Beijing Buffet lunch.

We met up with our friends for dinner and comedy sportz.  We sure love Amber and Brad.  Dave loves to photo bomb!

I made my mom's delicious bread sticks.  Not as good as hers but pretty close.

They had a golf tournament in Brigham at the Eagle Mountain Golf course.  Dave decided to be their caddy.  Of course he has to be as strange as possible.... It turned out to be a little colder than he thought. :)




No comments: