Thursday, July 3, 2008

Elevator experience

We drove STRAIGHT through to Miami Florida!!! We will be making stops on the way home! We live on the pent house floor. We have a view of the ocean from our balcony. There is a beautiful golf course by us as well. I will post some pictures when it is not all rainy outside.

One day the guys decided it would be cool to see how many people they could fit in the elevator......needless to say the elevator made it half way to the next floor and stopped. We were trapped in the elevator with 24 stinky people! I was very claustrophobic! It took 25 minutes or so before they were able to get the doors opened. Since the elevator was so heavy had a hard time getting the door open. He was asking us to help him, he didn't know we really could not move. When they opened the door the guy said there was a wave of heat! The max weight was 2500. I think that we were about 5000 lbs!! I guess it is an experience to laugh about after the fact, definitely not during! I am actually nervous riding the elevators now..

2 comments:

KTG said...

Hello! I really do like the whole blog thing. It's helps me stay connnected to so many good people. Here is my link. It's not really to exciting, but that's me for ya!

Kirsten said...

yuck. yuck. yuck. once i was packed into the elevator in the sears tower, and stuck behind a guy wearing a tank top with a hairy back and my nose was about level with his armpit. good thing it was only for about a minute and a half, instead of 25!