I am officially scuba certified!!
Dave loves to scuba dive so when some of the guys in his office won the incentive to get scuba certified we decided it would be a good opportunity for me to get scuba certified. At the time it seemed like a great idea but I am a scaredy cat. I had a hard time!
We had 2 days of class where we did book work. We dived in a pool, 2 times in a lake, and 2 times in the ocean. July 11th we did the pool dive and the lake dives. The water was VERY murky, you could not even see the person next to you. There was a rope you had to hold onto the whole time so you did not get lost, not the best idea of a first dive for me! You have to pass off certain things to get certified. You take out your regulator which is the mouth piece that you breath with and put it back in. Then you have to take your mask off and put it back on. I was already scared to be under the water so this was quiet terrifying. The regulator surprisingly was not to bad but the mask was horrible! I accidentally breathed in water through my nose, I went back to the surface and panicked! I did not think that I could do it. I didn't want to disappoint Dave and so I prayed a TON and went in the lake. I made the instructor hold my hand the whole time....he was very patient with me.
Today we did our dives in the ocean. I made Dave come with me. He held my hand the whole time. He was a good sport! I know he wanted to be more adventurous but he stayed with me the whole time, it meant so much to me! The first dive was a reef and the second one was 2 ship wrecks. The reef dive was the coolest. There were a lot of pretty fish! We even saw a nurse shark. This dive was 40 feet. Visibility was SOOO much better than the lake, I could actually see!! The wreck dive was 70 feet. It was cool to see all the stuff growing on the ships but I liked the reef better. Some of the guys saw an eel. I was very scared but it all worked out! I prayed a lot this time also.
We did not bring a camera...oops. We were hoping Nelli would bring one but he forgot. This picture is me heading to the pool and lake dives. Notice the pink tank! :)
One of the ladies I visit teach out here in Florida said that she was scared as well but then when she got under the water and saw all the beautiful fish and the amazing things Heavenly Father created she felt dumb for being so scared and started enjoying it more. I need to start to relax and not worry and enjoy the beauty of it more. It is amazing to see and think about all the time and thought Heavenly Father put into everything on earth as well as in the water.
3 comments:
That sounds like it would be way fun. I am a scared of crap like that too so I don't blame you for wanting you hubby right by your side. I would be the same way. Anyway I am way jealous I would love to be in an ocean right now.
I am so proud of you that take a lot of courage. I'm scared just to swim in the ocean the currents scare me:)so you go girl keep having a blast. I will be spending the day in your home town tomorrow I will think of you:)
WOW jamie. I am very impressed. This is so unlike you. I guess you do have a brave side (I don't think I could have done it). Glad you are having fun.
Post a Comment