The summer is over and it is back to real life. I look forward to new adventures each summer, (Dave dreads each summer). Some summers are more exciting than others. We both love seeing new places, being around different ways of thinking, and attending church in a new ward. I have learned so much from the people in the different wards we have attended each summer. In Miami my friend April and I were given 7 sisters to visit teach. Neither of us knew what we were doing but did our best and loved it. It was a great experience. I learned so much in that ward. In New York we were put into the primary and enjoyed that. The people in that ward were so unbelievably nice and helpful. The wards in West Virginia and Indiana have had such sweet people in them.
I think this summer has been the least exciting but some of the trips I have taken have made the summer bearable. Poor Dave didn't get any relief. We did enjoy a few things this summer....

A few mornings we were able to go out a do something. We went to Michigan City to a nice beach and went for a walk. It was fun!

Dave enjoyed Buffalo Wild Wings. I think Dave ate their 8 times this summer. I personally hate this place! :) This may be the best part of summer for Dave. I think his office has a rule that they can't live anywhere that doesn't have a Buffalo Wild Wings near by.

We were able to hang out with our cute niece and nephews!!!! We love them!

Hung out with Dave's family that we don't get to see very often. It was nice to only be an hour and a half away. We spent a few weekends there.

We LOVED living so close to our Chicago friends (from Dave's growing up years). We usually only see them a few times a year but when we get together it is like we hang out everyday. We were able to get together a few times throughout the summer and even had a BBQ at our apartment one Sunday. We look forward to our Christmas vacation with them. They are great friends!

Hanging out with the other wives out here is always fun. This year it was a little more difficult since we didn't have a pool, grass, or a meeting place to gather but the times we did get together it was fun.

This is Dave doing what he does in the summer, work (or getting ready to work).... at least he looks happy right?!?!
So Dave and I don't spend too much time together in the summer. He works Monday-Friday from noon to 10:00 or so at night and Saturdays from 9:00 in the morning to 10:00 or so at night. SO when he is home he likes to relax. We did find time to do a few things.
Dave doesn't enjoy summertime which is sad because it is my favorite season and I want to enjoy it with him. I am so glad he was so nice to let me do a few things this summer so I didn't loose my mind. Hopefully one day we can have summers to enjoy.
The majority of my time this summer was at our apartment in La Porte, Indiana. We didn't have cable but did have the internet. I watched a lot of TV shows. A few that I watched were Gossip Girl, Friday Night Lights, Pretty Little Liars, The Unit, and 90210. Now, the pathetic thing is.... I watched all the seasons. That is a lot of wasted time of my life!! But they were good shows. :) I also read about 15 books. Summers are boring but I guess it is good for me to relax and not stress. Now it is back to real life!
2 comments:
Glad you were able to enjoy a little of your summer!!! Hopefully soon you and Dave can spend more time together during the summer soon! I'm certain there will come a day. I love seeing pictures of you two - you are so cute together! Any good book recommendations? I'm always looking for something new! :) Maybe I'll have to spend a summer with you and learn how to relax! Love you cute girl!
Looks like a good summer! I wanna see Italy pics, I am seriously so jealous!
Post a Comment