Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hawaii Trip

A few weeks ago I went to Hawaii with my grams, aunt Sandy, and cousin Riley. It was a blast! We stayed the 1st night in Waikiki and then the rest of the time in Laie by the North Shore. I loved how laid back and not crowded that area is.

The first night we ate at the cheesecake factory. I love cheesecake so I had to add this pic. :)


We went to Pearl Harbor. This is grams and I waiting to go into the movie. Grams didn't like all the pictures but I am all about memories so she was out of luck!

It was so sad to see all the lives that were lost that day. I am so grateful for all the men and women who fight for our country.

Some of the survivors of that day that have since past away have requested that they be buried back on the ship. They are cremated, there is a service in their honor at this memorial site, and then taken down to the ship. I thought that was pretty neat.

Riley is so funny. She sat out for a long time making her little sand castles. They are of a pineapple and Sponge Bob. She is so carefree and fun. Wish I could be more carefree!




We stayed at a beach condo. It was sooo fun, nice, and cheap. I highly recommend going to the site http://www.vrbo.com/ when you are looking for a place to stay. People post their rentals on this site and they have places in every state. It was so much nicer than a little hotel room and it was cheaper!

This is the beach by our condo. It was very beautiful!


We bought the spray sun screen, I had never tried it but thought it would be a good idea so our hands didn't get all sunscreeney (that is a word if you were wondering :) )....bad idea! That stuff doesn't work! We got pretty burned our first day at the beach, it was sad!

We spent a day at the Polynesia Cultural Center and didn't get to everything! It was a lot of fun! This is us at the Fiji stop. They have demonstrations at each country and usually fun activities. Samoa and Tonga were my favorite!

The guy from Samoa climbed a coconut tree!

We went to a luau at the cultural center. It was a fun experience.
They even roasted a pig. It looked disgusting!



Grams got flip flops, had to document that! She had a little bit of a rough time at first but was a pro by the end of the week!

We walked to the Waimea falls.

We went to the Dole pineapple plantation. We got a Dole whip and loved it!
Ate at a yummy Mexican restaurant on the North Shore. That is grams and my thing, we love going out to eat Mexican food and had to keep our traditions up in Hawaii. We also sat right next to some famous surfer from Australia or something.

Tried coconut juice from some sketchy place on the side of the road, don't think I will do that again....

Visited the beautiful temple grounds. My grams and grandpa served a mission to the visitor center here and so it was fun for my grandma to visit. She said a lot has changed. While they were on their mission they took care of all the sister missionaries, we ran into one of them at the grocery store, it made my grandma's day. She also saw some people in the ward she knew, I think she had a great time!





Played some card game. Grandma and Sandy are very competitive. I would sometimes read instead... lame I know. I read 5 books while I was there. I love to read and find it very relaxing... nerd alert!


Went to Hard Rock on our last day. We did go to some local dive places but of course didn't have my camera.

I loved this trip, wish Dave was there of course but had a fun girls trip! I have a pretty cool family! Now I just need to talk everyone into going on a cruise!

5 comments:

Brad and Amber said...

I am so jealous! It looks like you had a blast! We need to get together when you get back to Utah. What books did you read, I need some good ones.

Laura Duce said...

Sure I'll take a cruise next year and you can watch my kids! Hey, you need to email me back. Stop ignoring me.

Kelly said...

Looks like fun! I'm pretty sure Andy and I ate at that mexican restaurant when we were there in February and sat at that same table! It was yummy.Also, I love your dress in the temple pics! Super cute! I want it!

Shannon said...

Okay, I am totally jealous!! It looks like a dream trip:) How fun to go with your grandma, she is so cute. I love that you read instead of playing game, what have you been reading? I need a good book. Although, it is not the same not being about to chat with you about all our books:)

Tarinelli said...

So fun! I wanna go. Looks like you have a pretty cool grandma! Hope you're enjoying the rest of your summer. Call me when you get back to Utah and we'll hang out.