Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Taste and Peter Pan

The day before I flew to Utah I went with Dave's parents to the Taste of Chicago. It is where a bunch of restaurants in Chicago set up a booth and you can go around and buy a little portion (a taste size) or a larger size. The restaurants just choose a few items to sell at the Taste. They also have live bands all day and evening. I went 3 or so years ago with Dave when we came for Danny's mission homecoming. When we went then there was rides, a Farris wheel, and more booths but it was still way fun this time. This is Dave's favorite thing, once again I am sad he couldn't come. I know we would have spent and ate ALOT more if he was there ha ha. I got a slice of deep dish pizza (my favorite), popcorn from Garrets (?), slushy, guacamole (I have been obsessed with this stuff lately), and a few other random things.

Renee and I
Renee and David
After the Taste we went to the Broadway play Peter Pan. It was different than any other Broadway I have been to. It was in a tent like structure. The stage was in the middle with the seats surrounding it in a circle. The dome ceiling would project a lot of the scenery and make it sort of 3-D? It was cool to go and it was a pretty good play. There was a lot of flying around and I liked that!

I should have taken more pics and taken some before it got too dark. This is the top of the dome tent.


No comments: