Monday, June 20, 2011

Indiana

So some of my friends and family have been asking what I have been doing the last few weeks. As most of you know, we move to different places in the summer for Dave's work, some are more exciting than others. :) This year we are in Indiana. Dave came out the end of April and then we both drove out to Indiana together the day after my brother's wedding.


There is not a ton of things to do in the city we live in but there are some things fairly close by, there is a beach for Lake Michigan about a 1/2 hour away, Chicago is 1 1/2 hours away, and Dave's family is about 2 hours away. The only problem is that Dave works Monday thru Thursday from noon-10:30 or so at night and Saturdays from 9:00-10:30 or so, which leaves me at home all the time. When I first got here 2 weeks ago I was so bored and felt so guilty for not being more productive since I never had time to breath the last little while. Well, that soon changed, I love being lazy!! So here are a few things I have done in my short time here.....

-Watched season 1 through 4 of Gossip Girl (Don't judge, it grew on me and is a good show. :) ) That took up a lot of my time, not sure what I will do now. I miss it!!

-Hung out with some of the other wives a few times.

-Made Sunday dinner. Dave suprised me and finished it and set the table so nice while I took a nap.
-Read a novel, "Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart"

-Drove around Michigan City on a Sunday

-Visited Dave's family for Father's day

-Walked a mile most mornings with Dave (that is a lot for me), and then read while Dave ran for 2 miles :)

-Updated my blog more in the last 2 weeks than in the last year

-Made dinner almost every night

-Slept

-Went to dinner with Dave's friends that he grew up with

-Ate at Gino's East-One of the best pizza places ever!

-Endured a night at Buffalo Wild Wings for the office's wing eating contest.... Dave ate 57 wings and then threw up..alot. It was sick. The next day he wanted to go back for wings... I really dislike this place. :) Dave's goal seems to be to get as messy as he can every year.


Things I am looking forward to doing this summer
-I leave to go to Hawaii tomorrow for a week with my grandma, cousin, and aunt
-Watch the broadway play Peter Pan on July 2nd with Dave's parents
-Go to the Taste of Chicago
-Go back to Utah from my sister Mckell's wedding
-Have my parents come out
-Go to the broadway West Side Story
-Go to some of the museums in Chicago
-Hopefully go to the Nauvoo pageant
-Finding out who wins on the Bachelorette :)

I think this summer will be really fun and relaxing. I may not be ready to go back to work in August!

4 comments:

Tarinelli said...

Looks like you guys are having fun. And I'm glad you're finally updating your blog haha! I know it's lame but I love gossip girl too! I think they cut this last season short.

Laura Duce said...

Have a fabulous time in Hawaii, jealous! I don't remember when you told me you'd be back in Utah. I'm going to be there August 6-27 but that last week will be with Jeff's family in Bear Lake. I hope you'll be there while I'm at my parents. Let me know.

Man said...

Jamie! I'm happy I came across your blog! It looks like you're having a great summer. You two have such a fun life. :)

Kelly said...

Where are you in Indiana? We just moved to the Indianapolis office.