Friday, July 4, 2014

Utah- 4th of July

The 4th of July has always been my favorite holiday.  I always thought that Perry's festivities were the best.  They had a softball tournament the week leading up to the 4th of July.  My dad had a team with his friends and my uncles.  We would go to the park each evening and watch the game. eat hamburgers, and visit with friends.  I loved being there and loved when the park lights would go on when it would get too dark.
 
On the 4th of July the city put on a breakfast.  There was so much food.  We would head over there and eat.  Sometimes my dad would have a game afterwards that we would watch.  There was a parade at 10 or 11.  It was a very small parade, which had grown a little longer in the past few years. :)  Sometimes we would be in it.  When we were small we were in it with our bikes or primary class.  A few years we had a "Reeder" float.  Looking back they were a little cheesy haha.  We were able to watch the parade at the top of our lane and Grandma's house.  It was nice because we always got A LOT of treats! After the parade we would head over to the park and they had games set up for kids.  We would then watch the baseball games.  I loved seeing people I knew and it was just a lot of fun.  The city would then put on a dinner.  They provided the meat and the East side would bring a salad and the West side would bring a treat.  As the years went on they stopped doing the dinner.  When we were younger we would watch the fireworks from our house.  They went off at Pioneer park in Brigham but we could see them.  As we got older we would watch them in Brigham at the farm.

A few times we camped out in my grandma's backyard.  We would watch a movie and play No Bears Are Out Tonight.  In the morning we would have a big breakfast in the back yard.  I always loved having a big extended family.  Summers were such a fun time for me.

I was able to go to the Perry 4th of July this year.  I have only been once in the last 9 years so it was a lot of fun to go and feel the same things I have in the past.  I am sad that my family didn't have a softball team this year.  Dave was able to come and he also enjoyed it.  Small towns are the best!  Although Perry is a lot bigger than when I was younger.

Dax and I catching a nap!

He spits up all the time.  We are getting smarter and more prepared.

Trying to figure out what to have him wear for his blessing


Dallin was on a softball team.  I was able to watch a few games.  Loved it!


Bruce and Susan Lyons.  My mom's sweetest friend!




Breakfast the morning of the 4th!



Dax and Jenny

Waiting for the parade to start






Dax loving the grass









Dave loves him some fireworks







Whit and Elizabeth with Dax

Dax did really well with all the craziness




No comments: