His first day home.
Mango was so excited to see Dave and I. Our sweet friends Dusty and Stacie watched him while we were in the hospital, it was so nice of them. We thought it would just be one night, little didn't we know it would be so long!
Mango didn't know what to do with Dax. He was confused and jealous. He also kept jumping on my stomach, it hurt! Poor Mango!
Mango trying to figure out who uprooted his life!
s
Mckell came the day after I got home from the hospital and stayed a week. What a life saver she was! I honestly don't know what I would have done without her. She has had two c-sections so she was able to give me advice and tell me what to expect. She is like the energizer bunny! No lie! She cleaned, cooked, took care of me, took care of Dax, she did everything! She never stopped! I would get worn out watching her from the couch... I never had to ask or tell her to do anything, she just did it. She was such a blessing. I had a hard time when she left.
We did have a little scare when she was here. I was taking a shower and started bleeding really bad and huge clots. I called the doctor and she told me to go to the ER. I didn't want to go but didn't want it to be something bad. I decided to go to the Instacare because the ER here can have up to a 16 hour wait... insane. The Instacare was pretty packed also. We waited about 2-3 hours before going back. The doctor was SUPER strange. He smelled bad and made really dumb and some inappropriate jokes. We were NOT impressed. He didn't seem to know what was going on. He didn't examine me or really touch me. He said I should be fine. I asked him what could be the cause such huge clots because at the hospital they said to let them know if they were bigger than a quarter, these were the size of a plum. He said he didn't know but would be right back. He said he called the ER and they said I needed to go in right away they needed to do an ultrasound, it could be serious. I asked if they could just do it there, he said they didn't have the equipment. I had already been away from Dax and he was hungry. I was worried about the wait time at the ER. He said he told them I was coming and to put me at the top of the list. I ran home and fed Dax and went to the emergency room. It was PACKED. They had 68 people ahead of me. When I checked in I told them I am coming from the Instacare and they should be expecting me. They said they didn't know anything about that and the Instacare has no authority to do that. I went and sat down with all the super sick people, I was so stressed about picking up something and giving it to Dax. I went back a little bit later and remembered the name of the doctor the InstaCare doctor had talked to. I think that they felt bad for me and started helping me. They took me back to get my vitals and then took me to another waiting room. I was so grateful, it wasn't as crowded and one of the nurses wiped the seat down for me haha. I waited about an hour and then they took me back to triage. They kept pricking my blood and doing some test. About an hour after being in triage they had me get an ultra sound. I had a lot of clotted blood in my stomach but it looked like they got everything out that they needed to when I had Dax, that made me feel better. They said I had a huge cyst on my ovary that I needed to get looked at but other than that they couldn't see anything to be concerned over.
I had to go back to triage and talk to a doctor before I could be released. After waiting awhile I asked how much longer it would be. I started crying and was so worried about Dax, Mckell said he was crying and hungry. I had been at the ER for 5 hours. The doctor hurried over and cleared me to leave. It was a pain to deal with all that but nice to know I would be ok. I bled like that a few days later but that was it.
Stacie came to see him.
Our friends Jen and Dylan came to visit. Dax met his new BFF Mack.
Dave's mom came the day after Mckell left and stayed a week. It was nice to have someone to talk with and help with Dax. Mango still isn't so sure of Dax...
Poor Mango
Grandma and Dax chatting!
Stacie was so nice and took some pics of Dax.
10 years ago





























1 comment:
You are back!! :) I know a lot of what you posted but it was SO fun to see little Dax that young. I can't believe he was ever that small!
We love your little family, I hope you know that :)
Post a Comment