Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Oregon Coast

In October over UEA, Dave and I went to the Oregon Coast. It was so beautiful!! I have always wanted to visit but never have. Dave was skeptical but I am happy to say he loved it as much as I did!!!

We stayed in 2 different cities. We first stayed in Lincoln City. We stayed at a condo on the beach. The condo was beautiful! We even had our own private hot tub on our deck. This is a view from the deck. We just had to walk a few houses down to get to the beach.





I have an obsession with light houses. I think they are so beautiful! We went and saw this lighthouse in Tillamook.


This is a view from the side of the light house. Everywhere we looked it was amazing!


We stopped in a little city called Ocean City. We walked along the beach.








There was a little cave thing you could walk to that would take you to a connecting beach.



The second place we stayed was in Newport. This is a picture of the condo we stayed at here. It wasn't as nice but it was right on the beach and was still really cool.


When we went and saw the second light house there is a place by it to walk down and see the tide pools. We saw seals, star fish, and other fun ocean critters. It was really cool. The only disappointment the whole trip was we didn't see any whales. :(

The lighthouse as we were walking to it.



It was a little windy.

We went up the lighthouse and this is one of the views from it. It is still a working lighthouse.

You can see the lighthouse in the distance.


You could see the lighthouse at night by our condo.

At night it got foggy. I loved it!


It was too cold to get in the water but fine to walk around and enjoy. While we were there there were surfers out, I think they were a little crazy! One of them got attacked by a great white. Not a big fan of sharks!

On the way home my cousin Laura and her family were in Portland (They live in Seattle) so we stopped and had lunch with them. It was a lot of fun seeing them!

I can't wait to go back to Oregon!

2 comments:

Tarinelli said...

Man you guys travel a lot! It looks really fun. Was the surfer ok? I'm terrified of sharks. You look so cute in all these pics!

Kirsten said...

we love Lincoln City. All the times I've been there, I've never managed to make it to Tillamook or a lighthouse. Missing out!