Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas!


Us on Christmas morning. So fun, our first Christmas together!! :)




My friend was kind enough to let us borrow one of her Christmas trees! Dave and I were excited to have a tree for the few weeks we were in town. Dave was fun to shop for ornaments with. He really got into it! :) It is fun to think of traditions we want in our family.






We were able to travel a bit while we were in Chicago. We spent 16 days with his family. We went into downtown Chicago one day (It was FREEZING -20) so we didn't spend to long there. We went to Kris Kindle mart (A bunch of German shops) and Dave got his favorite candy. His parents took us to a water park in Wisconsin, it was a blast. It was so warm inside the water parks but outside it was -30. I have never been in such cold weather. It was in the negatives for 5 or so days and then in 3 days it jumped into the 40's. It felt like summer when it got in the 40's.


We also went to Nauvoo and Carthage. It was a great experience!! We were able to go to the Nauvoo temple, it is sooo beautiful! The spirit was so strong as we went to the sites. I can't wait to go back.








Dave and Cory are so weird when they get together!! We went on the metro to Chicago and Cory got the fleece off Danny's coat and pretended it was a cat and made meowing sounds when people went by. It is always entertaining with Cory around. :)


Dave and Cory put the cat and the dog in their parents room while they were sleeping and then tied the doors shut so they could not let the animals out....The next morning the cat and dog were put in our room and we could not get them out. We didn't like that wake up call so much :( I told Dave to make sure his pranks don't get done to us anymore!!

I always have good intentions to take more pictures but I forget sometimes... We had a great time in Chicago. His family was so kind to me. I really missed my family and all the fun traditions we have and I appreciate how they made me feel at home.

3 comments:

BreAna said...

wow you guys are the little travelers. I am so jealous. I need to get out of this house more often. Anyway I am glad that you guys had a great christmas.

Kaitlin and Taylor Dance said...

Looks like you had a way fun christmas!! That is crazy how cold it was there!

Kirsten said...

welcome to the neumann family...sorry... sure wish i could have been there! (or that you and mom left the boys and came to our house to play!)