This is one of the apartments we stayed in. They were all pretty nice and a very good price. I recommend renting apartments if you ever go to Europe.
This was the first castle that we went to. It was incredible. The setting and surroundings are what I pictured it to be. This is the Burg Eltz Castle in the hills above the Moselle River. This castle is owned by the same family since the 12th century. There are 3 sections to this castle, 2 of the sections are opened to the public and the 3rd section is still used for the family. We went on a tour and it was very interesting. The outside is definetly more beautiful than the inside. The inside has cool things and a neat feel but it isn't as elaborate as I thought it would be. It was fun to try and picture what it would have been like back in the day. I LOVED being there.
We had to walk down to the castle. This is on the way down.
A view of the ground from the back of the castle.
In the middle of the courtyard.
This is the 3rd section that is still used by the family today.
Every direction you looked it was beautiful!






No comments:
Post a Comment