Thursday, August 2, 2012

D.C Trip


I went up to DC a few days after I got to DC.  The first day I got there I went to dinner with the family I nannied for.  It was a lot of fun!  They are neat people.  I went to the cemetary and visited Alex's grave.  It was a beautiful head stone.  It was so sad to be there.  I couldn't help but think of him a lot that weekend, he should be graduating with Tyler and starting an exciting part of his life!




I then went and visited my friend Liz.  Her husband is doing an internship in DC this summer.  It was so great to see her and her little baby Markus! 

I found a gelato place downtown.  It was delicious!

We walked from the national mall to the Arlington cemetery.  It was a LONG walk but really fun!  We had to take a few rests here and there. :)




Tyler's graduation was at the George Washington Masonic temple.  Liz, her husband Dave, and I went before hand and walked through it.  It was neat. It was interesting to see some of the symbols and things from our temple in it.

A painting on the wall.

An apron they wear.

One of the rooms.

They did some cool things at their graduation.  The school made them each a quilt that represented them.  A student in a lower grade presented it to the graduating student and gave them a quote of encouragement for the future.

Each graduating student gave a short speech.

Getting his dilploma.

His graduating class.

Tyler and I.  He is sooo tall!


Me, Tyler, Dana, and Mike

It was nice to visit with everyone!
The outside of the Masonic temple





No comments: