Dave then had to head back to go to work. The next day I decided to take the 2 older kids to Indiana with me for 2 or so days. They were a lot of fun to have around.
Things we did in good ole' Indiana.....we did watch a bit of T.V. on netflix. There is not a whole lot to do where we live. :)
-Made delicious brownies. You should make them! I found the recipe on ourbestbites.com. I think this link will take you directly there, if not, sorry!
-They brought their bikes so one morning Dave and I took them to a parking lot to ride them around. There isn't really anyplace by our house for them to ride there bikes. I just realized that Lydia has a helmet on but not Dalton...not sure if I should have looked more into this when they were here...
The kids were really good. They are pretty funny and told me a lot of things I wasn't doing right, things I forgot, and such. It made me smile. I wish I would have wrote down some of the things they said...A few of things I remember are:
-"We don't have enough vegetables with our dinner" (really? I thought kids thought that was a good thing! :) I thought I was doing good given them celery in the first place! I didn't dare tell them I rarely eat vegetables with my dinner...)
-Dave drinks drugs (He drinks Mt.Dew). They told me it was very bad for him. I agreed with them. :)
-They reminded me when we went to the park to put sun screen on them. I was glad they said that. Then I realized I didn't even bring any. Luckily my friend had some that I could use. ( I never thought of that when I was a kid.)
-They told me that it was almost there bedtime. I always fought my parents on not wanting to go to bed! I was okay with this one. They were good but by night I was tired. I don't know how moms do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment