Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My birthday and friends

It has been awhile since I have posted! I am back in Utah now. I have been back since the beginning of August. I came back to get my classroom set up and Dave stayed in NY for about a month without me and worked. My parents had dial up up until a week or so ago so it was difficult to use the internet but now I feel free again ha ha! School has started and I am still alive!!! I am so proud of myself, hopefully I don't curse myself.. I finally feel like I am slowing getting above water with work. Dave and I are also in the process of buying a house. We are closing on it next week, I will post pictures after we get it fixed up. We have a lot of work to do to it! Here is an update of the end of our summer in NY. This is a pic of the techs in our office. I love these guys! I definitely can't say that about the techs the year before... This summer has been a lot better for me. The techs worked so hard and were amazing, I wish they would have had more work. The picture above is of them surprising me for my birthday with a cake. 2 other techs also had birthday's around the same time so we celebrated them as well. 2 of the techs are single so if any of my single girlfriends wanna date let me know ha ha. I am trying to get Kurtis and Jason to come to Utah!!
For my birthday Dave and I went with some of our friends to dinner at a place on Broadway called stardust dinner(or something like that) the waiters and waitresses at the diner sing Broadway songs as you eat. They want to be on Broadway and are working towards it. Sometimes people from Broadway shows come and hire them. It is getting late, dunno if that made sense. Anyway, it was fun. Definitely different folks in there ha ha (Thanks Neli for being a good sport!). After dinner we were going to go on the Staten Island fairy and went to move our cars....Neli and Ashley's car was gone and we had a $150.00 ticket on ours. Not a happy moment. Neli and Ashley's car had been towed. The worst part is we had paid the meter and thought we were okay. Good old NY.

Dave is so cute. He got me princess stuff for my birthday!! I loved it.

The week before my birthday we went to Boston and celebrated. We stayed in a cute bed and breakfast and went on some tours there and went to Salem and visited some witch museums. Dave was a good sport doing things I wanted so we also went to a Green Day concert while we were there. I am not a huge music lover but this concert was AMAZING! I was impressed and Dave was in heaven. While we were there we found a "Friendly's" it is an ice cream shop back east. We have a Five Guys in Utah so hopefully we can get a Friendly's also!! That would be great. I got my usual 'Jim Dandy' ice cream. It was fabulous.

We went on a duck tour of Boston. It was pretty fun. The duck drives around the city and also goes in the water. It was a nice weekend away.

The techs and us at "Uno's." I love food if you couldn't tell. :) If you haven't ever experienced this Chicago deep dish pizza you need to!

Me. Micheal, and Ashley after our Friday lunch date. It started raining while we were eating. We had walked to the restaurant and so we got very wet on the way back. It was a lot of fun. I made such good friends this summer, I really miss them! Ashley, you are still close...no excuses!



Another picture of us on a Friday girls day at the Cheesecake factory. Luckily we didn't get wet this day.

3 comments:

Laura Duce said...

I need to go on vacation with you and eat lots of good food. I hope you quacked on your Boston tour.

Tarinelli said...

We did have alot of fun this summer. We need to hang out for sure! I'm glad to hear that school is going to well for you. BTW thanks for helping me teach Lucky this summer, she is now ahead of most kids her age!

Brooke and Jeremy Hallows said...

Jamie!!! How are you guys doing???? How is teaching going? I am sure you are doing great. We need to get together sometime. I miss you guys. Church seems lonely without you guys there. We should all go to Lanone sometime!!!